Rick Jones is a Legal Practitioner Director of JHK Legal, and has over 30 years’ experience in commercial litigation, insolvency, finance law and property law. Rick has been a board member of both public and private companies and continues to have interests in commercial enterprises in Australasia.
Rick regularly acts on behalf of Australian financiers, preparing financial documentation including relevant security documentation, trusts, credit applications and terms of trade and advises on proposed transactions and disputed contracts.
His experience includes banking and finance recovery, including taking possession of property, conducting mortgagee sales and assisting financiers exercising their rights as a charge holder.
- Bachelor of Laws (1980) University of Otago, New Zealand.
Significant Memberships & Directorships:
- Solicitor of each of the Supreme Courts of the states and territories of Australia
- Barrister & Solicitor of the High Court of Australia
- Former non-executive chairman of the Compass Hotel Group
- Former non-executive director of Byte Power Group Limited
- Barrister & Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- Member of the Queensland Law Society
- Member of the Insolvency Practitioners’ Association of Australia (IPA)
- Member of the Banking & Finance Section of the Australian Law Council
- Associate of the Australian Institute of Credit Managers
- Legal Practitioner Director of JHK Legal Australia Pty Ltd trading as JHK Legal
- Associate member of the Turnaround Management Association Australia